Benefits of Membership
MACAC membership comes with many benefits:
Professional development opportunities and resources:
- Discounted registration fees for workshops and conferences that help colleagues network, learn from one another, and stay abreast of issues in counseling, financial aid, and admission.
- Access to online tools, including our Membership Directory and High School Visit Policy Directory.
- Opportunity to contribute to your profession and MACAC goals through committee involvement.
- Opportunity to participate in the Mentoring Program
Advocacy for public policy benefiting students, families and MACAC members:
- Your voice is heard, through the annual "Day on the Hill" meetings with legislators at the Minnesota State Capitol and regular online action alerts, organized by the Government Relations Committee.
- Through the NACAC leadership structure, MACAC officers advocate for support of school counselors and federal assistance for higher education.
Information to support education professionals and the students you serve:
- Minnesota Education Fairs (MEFs) allow students and families to talk with and collect information from postsecondary representatives.
- Directory of High School Visit Policies helps postsecondary representatives as they plan to meet with students.
- MACAC Matters newsletter keeps members up-to-date on trends in college admission.
- Affiliation with NACAC (National Association for College Admission Counseling) provides a link to issues at the national level.