Minnesota Education Fairs (MEF)
MN Education Fair Calendar
Lead Retrieval Technology - Scanners
MN Education Fairs for Students, Parents and Counselors
Host a MEF
Contract Purchase Deadlines
|June 1, 2012
||MEF Calendar Posted
|June 4 - July 31, 2012
||Early MEF Contract $700
|August 1 - August 15, 2012
||Late MEF Contract $900
|December 15, 2012 - Feb 15, 2013*
||Late MEF Contract $900
Lead Retrieval - Scanners
Lead retrieval, more commonly known as scanners, is the latest technology designed to help institutions collect student information at a college fair. Scanners can help collect more accurate and larger quantities of student information, and save time by eliminating the need for manual entry of information. Learn more about lead retrieval, and purchase your scanner at gotocollegefairs.com.
Smartphone Application - New in 2013-14
Access PowerPoint of new application WebEx meetings to be held on (May 22, May 23 and May 28) here.
MEF Registration Requirements
Annual Contract Payment
Early Annual MEF Contract Payment: Registration Period: June 4 - July 31
- Early registration may be paid by check or credit card, with credit card payment made online at the time of registration.
- Checks submitted for payment MUST be received by September 2 or the MEF contract will be canceled.
*Late Annual MEF Contract Payment: Registration Period: August 1 - August 15, 2012 & December 15, 2012 - February 15, 2013.
- All late registrations submitted after August 1 must be paid by credit card at the time of registration.
- Please note that checks MUST be received by September 2 or the MEF contract will be canceled.
- No POs will be accepted.
Late Registration is closed
Ever wonder what your contract fee covers?
The MEF Committee recognizes that the decision to offer a Minnesota Education Fair at a high school involves a financial responsibility on behalf of the site, and we share in the cost by allowing each site a maximum of $1300 in reimbursable expenses. However, the $1300 is meant to be used judiciously – as site chairs, it is not to spend without care. There are “admissible” and “non-admissible” expense guidelines. Food expense is capped at $300; the other expenses are suggested ranges based on past site reports. Some suggested expense guidelines that are given to the site chairs are included below:
- Light Snacks for Representative Hospitality Room – not a full meal (drinks, cookies, chips): $300 maximum allowed – can solicit donations or work with Volunteer Groups to bring items
- Table/Chair Rental: $500 - $800
- Printing – in house, no professional services: $150 - $250
- Advertising: $150 - $250
- Postage – use other options than direct mail. 1800 flyers at 42 cents = $756!
- Room Rental Varies – look for free space
- Custodial Fees Varies – try to avoid overtime
- Busing Varies – not needed at many sites
- Misc. Supplies – tape, poster board, etc: $25
Questions about MEF Registration
Questions about MEF Registration can be directed to the MACAC Membership Services Coordinator:
Liz Reardon (651) 451-7150 email@example.com.