Minnesota Education Fairs (MEF)
The success of the Minnesota Education Fairs (MEF), formerly known as PHSPP, is due, in large measure, to cooperation among different systems of higher education and a shared vision for efficient and effective provision of postsecondary information to high school students throughout the state of Minnesota. The continued success of the MEF is reliant on maintaining that cooperation and preserving the established network through the MEF planning committee.
The MEF Committee Chair shall convene the planning committee as needed in order to:
- Set the master MEF schedule
- Evaluate program practices and establish policies that will be brought before the MACAC board for approval
- Monitor the coordination and management of the MEF
- Support the Coordinator who is responsible for the daily management of the MEF
- Assist in the training/update of site chairs
Committee members are representatives who are at a management level in their institution to ensure they can speak knowledgeably on behalf of their system and be aware of their systems concerns and role of with regard to MEF.
The committee shall be composed of representatives from each of the systems of higher education and the secondary system:
State University System
University of Minnesota
Minnesota School Districts
Minnesota Association of Counselors of Color (MnACC) will also select a member to serve as committee representative and liaison.
MACAC Services Coordinator
The Coordinator's purpose is to assist the MEF Committee in promoting, operating and coordinating the MACAC MEFs.
- Print, distribute and collect MEF contracts and payments
- Coordinate with site chairs regarding facilities, regional promotion and follow-up
- Produce promotional materials and/or guidelines for use at all sites (posters, bags, signs, media alerts, etc.)
- Field questions from site chairs, postsecondary institutions, parents, students and high schools
- Streamline site operations
- Follow-up to evaluate individual sites and MEF program a whole
For more information, contact Liz Reardon, MACAC Services Coordinator at 651.451.7150.
Jennifer Fuhrman, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota, (612)626-4793
Tina Proctor, Academy of Holy Angels, (612) 798-2639
Estelle Vlieger, Bethany Lutheran College, (507) 344-7722
Bill Cleveland, University of Minnesota Twin Cities
Chris Franken, Eastview High School
Leah Kadelbach, Ridgewater Community College
Beth Kleinschmidt, College of St. Scholastica
Brittany Krull, Southwest Minnesota State University
Kelly Macik, Concordia University - St. Paul
Nancy Pates, Normandale Community College
Elyan Paz, College of Visual Arts
Barb Rice, Blaine High School
Molly Sjoquist, University of Minnesota, Rochester
Jeron Schmidt, Northern Michigan University
Carl Stange, Winona State University
Don Westphal, Bethany Lutheran College
To learn more about this committee or to volunteer, please go to Volunteer Now.